Chapter Outline and Sample Chapter Review
Ensure your writing gets the attention it deserves.
With a chapter outline and sample chapter review, I’ll first assess the strength of your chapter outline to ensure it’s clear, compelling, and cohesive. Once we’ve ensured the outline is clear, I’ll do a sample chapter review to ensure the writing is ready for the querying process.
- We’ll schedule a 30-minute meeting to discuss your vision for this project and the work you’ve already put into it.
- I’ll complete a detailed chapter outline review to ensure the project works. Then I’ll send you the results.
- We’ll meet for a one-hour coaching session to discuss your next steps.
- You’ll complete any needed revisions based on my feedback and then you’ll resubmit the work for a second review.
- We’ll meet for a one-hour coaching session to discuss the results of your review and what’s needed for your sample chapters.
- I’ll review your sample chapters (up to 50 pages/12,500 words*) and then send you my feedback.
- We’ll meet for a one-hour coaching session to discuss my feedback and your next steps.
- I’ll read a resubmission of your sample chapters and will provide a final review.
Once we’ve completed this engagement, you can purchase additional coaching sessions to help you complete this project.
* Longer sample chapter documents would require an additional fee.
I typically evaluate books in the following categories and genres:
- Mental health
- Meditation and mindfulness
“Lisa is an outstanding teacher, editor, guide, cheerleader, coach, and critic. She is a fountain of knowledge and insight. Her editorial suggestions were always spot on. Without her, much of my writing would sit in a computer file, untouched.”
Nora DemleitnerPresident of St. John’s College, represented by Andy Ross
- Feedback on your Chapter Outline OR Sample Chapters
- Two coaching sessions
- An opportunity to revise and resubmit the same file
- Feedback on your Chapter Outline AND Sample Chapters
- Four Coaching sessions
- Detailed Written Feedback
- An opportunity to revise and resubmit two files
“Lisa’s book proposal reviews are amazing and so thorough. Her direction is clear and so on target.”