Building Creative INtuition
A Mindfulness-Based WRiting Course
Wednesdays, 1/13/21 – 2/17/21 | 1:00 PM EST – 3:00 PM EST
LIMIT 8 Students (Sold Out!)
You’ve always loved to write.
Now, you’re ready to rekindle your passion— or finally begin that writing project you’ve been putting off forever.
More than anything, you want to develop an easy, consistent writing practice.
In the past, you’ve gotten tripped up or bogged down wondering if your writing was any good.
Your internal editor told you to quit—and eventually, those negative messages extinguished your creative spark.
The good news is, there’s a much better way to build a fun and consistent writing practice.
One that gives you the tools and support to establish the habit and make it stick (without the internal drama).
And in the process, you’ll learn to trust your creative gut.
Join me for Building Creative Intuition, a 6-week mindful writing course, and you’ll experience the proven process for transforming yourself into a passionate, consistent writer.
During this program, you will:
- Generate new material without stalling, avoiding, or spinning your wheels.
- Rekindle or capitalize on your creative passion.
- Write more honestly and authentically from your very first draft.
- Leverage your talent and produce actual work.
- Become a better self-editor who can easily identify your strongest writing.
- Develop a love of the writing process and look forward to hitting the page every day.
How the process works:
Building Creative Intuition shows you how to use mindfulness as your secret weapon for a more productive, playful practice.
You’ll discover and practice techniques for great writing and sharpen skills that include:
- silencing your internal editor
- writing with an open heart
- speaking to deeper truths and telling more authentic stories
- developing gut-level impressions of your writing
- using those body signals to understand what to expand and what doesn’t serve your work.
Each week, we’ll meet for a 2-hour Zoom session where writers will meditate, write, share, and receive supportive, positive feedback on their freshest material.
Between classes, you’ll receive:
- prompts to keep you writing,
- inspirational messages, and
- recorded meditations.
This course is open to writers of all genres and experience levels.
If you have a specific project to work on, this course can become a lightning rod for your inspiration and productivity.
Don’t have a specific project in mind? No worries. You’ll get plenty of prompts and free-flowing ideas so you can establish a writing habit that lasts.
“Lisa is an extraordinary teacher! She created a supportive environment where I was inspired to take creative risks and felt safe to share my work with other writers. She helped me improve my craft skills and learn to trust my intuition when writing. Of all the classes I’ve taken, this one is like no other because Lisa taught us to write using both our heads and our hearts. It was truly an extraordinary experience.
“Lisa is a gifted instructor both in terms of her knowledge of writing skills, techniques, and feedback as well as group facilitation in a completely supportive, mindful manner. I would sign up for another of her courses immediately!”
“Lisa’s classes make both budding and experienced writers feel welcome in a structured online setting. She’s a brilliant instructor and coach who provides a wealth of compassion and extremely well-informed guidance on writing. Highly recommended!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a project in order to sign up for this class?
While this class will be invaluable for writers with specific projects, all writers will benefit and enjoy this class. If you don’t have a specific project in mind, it’s likely one will develop as you write consistently and receive feedback during class.
What is creative intuition?
Creative intuition is your ability to recognize, understand, and trust your gut-level reactions to your work and the feedback you receive around it.
Creative: relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
- the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.
- a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.
How will I develop creative intuition in this class?
During class, we will work on several skills that will help you listening to your inner muse. These include
- Meditation and writing practices designed to silence the internal editor
- Meditation practices and specific forms of feedback geared to help you pay attention to your gut-level responses and how they compare with what touches readers
- Opportunities to reflect on your experiences both in class and between sessions as you practice these skills
Do I need to practice mindfulness to take this course?
No experience with mindfulness is required for this class.
Is this class appropriate for new writers?
Absolutely! This is the perfect opportunity to build a sustainable writing practice and meet writers who can become part of your writing community.
Can I really write in any genre?
All genres are welcome. During class and between sessions you can write anything from essays, memoirs, and short stories to poems.
How much work will this class require?
This is completely up to you. All you need to do is show up to class and write. There is no homework. If you want to write between classes, go for it. But that is truly extra credit.
How many students can take this class?
Because of the intimate nature of this course, the class size is limited to 8 students.
If I’m not happy, can I get a refund?
You can request a refund up to one week before the class begins. After this deadline, no refunds will be issued.
Are there any payment plans?
Yes, there are two payment options available.
If you pay for the course in full the cost is $349
If you choose a payment plan, the cost is $400.
When is payment due?
Your payment is due ASAP to reserve your spot in the course. If you choose to pay in full, the full fee will be due. If you choose a payment plan, you have two options:
- Option one: $200 deposit due upon registration, plus and $200 due on 2/3/21
- Option two: $150 deposit due upon registration, $125 due on 1/6/21, and $125 due on 2/3/21
Please note that if you choose a payment plan and default on your second or third payments, your participation in the course will be suspended. If you have any questions or concerns, contact me directly.