For the uninitiated, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel (or memoir) draft. But is it right for …
Athena is a modern-day renaissance woman who is multi-talented, curious, and prolific. Within six months of our meeting, her essay The Incredible Shrinking Woman.
When we worked together, Corie Adjmi’s goal was to attract a traditional publisher, but along the way she changed her mind. Look at what she’s …
Ashleigh Renard is a memoirist who rehabbed a shabby marriage and our perceptions of what self-publish writers can accomplish.
After publishing a viral essay, Laura Cathcart Robbins author platform exploded. With her help, yours can too.
For the past six months, I’ve told you and every writer I know to buy Allison’s new book Seven Drafts. Now you finally can.
Get a free copy of 5 Brain Hacks that will Change Your Writing Life delivered to your inbox.
- The role anxiety plays in our lives and how to show it in your book
- To move your story forward, think about oppositions.
- Lead with your ambition, not your anxiety, by doing this.
- Create symmetrical scenes to strengthen your story arc.
- Is an internal no affecting your writing life? Consider this.