Ruthless Editing (Or Loving Your Work to the Next Level)
On October 1st, I started the fourth draft of my memoir by channeling George Saunders….
Re-Examining the Stories We Tell About Our Lives — A Conversation with Memoirist Sharon Harrigan
There are the stories we tell about our lives and the stories we discover if…
Five Ways to Write with an Open Heart
As I’ve mediated about how to live up to George Saunders quote, I’ve reviewed all…
On Gardenias and Other Cathectic Objects
I’m a big fan of cathectic objects, or as T.S. Elliot calls them objective correlatives….
Here’s How To Care For Yourself During These Revolutionary Times
“Here’s How To Care For Yourself During These Revolutionary Times,” published on Huffington Post, shares…
The Ribbon Test
Some physicians feel that real illness is sanctioned by ribbons, colors, and celebrity spokespersons. Read…
Get a free copy of 5 Brain Hacks that will Change Your Writing Life delivered to your inbox.
- Worried Perfectionism Is Holding You back? Learn to Harness It, Not Hate It
- Identifying Your Book’s Audience: 3 Authors Show You How
- Pursuing Your Writing Dreams: Your Number 1 Skill
- Play 2 Games to Jumpstart Your Creativity
- How to Minimize Flashbacks in Your Writing: 4 New Ways